When news of visa-free entry to Taiwan for Filipinos starting this June 2017 came out, airlines started offering seat sales to Taiwan. But just recently, it was announced that it is postponed, full details will be released around September 2017 or at an appropriate date. Many are scared to apply for a Taiwan Visa because of the Taiwan Visa requirements. Don’t fret, read this blog to learn how to apply for a Taiwan Visa for Filipino Passport Holders!
- *UPDATE: Starting Nov 1, 2017 to July 31, 2018, Filipinos/Philippine Passport Holders can now enjoy visa-free entry to Taiwan (tourism, business, visiting relatives) for a duration of up to 14 days.
- TAIWAN VISA- FREE REQUIREMENTS FOR FILIPINOS:
- OPTION 1:
- TAIWAN VISA EXEMPT – ROC TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION CERTIFICATE (MULTIPLE ENTRY)
- STEP 1
- OPTION 2: TAIWAN E-VISA (SINGLE ENTRY)
- OPTION 3: TAIWAN TOURIST VISA
- (SINGLE OR MULTIPLE ENTRY)
- TAIWAN VISA REQUIREMENTS
- TAIWAN VISA APPLICATION FEES
- WHERE TO STAY
- TAITUNG BUDGET HOTEL
- KAOSHIUNG HOTEL
- ALSO READ: TAIPEI TRAVEL GUIDE
- FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK FOR TRAVEL GUIDE UPDATES
- FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM
*UPDATE: Starting Nov 1, 2017 to July 31, 2018, Filipinos/Philippine Passport Holders can now enjoy visa-free entry to Taiwan (tourism, business, visiting relatives) for a duration of up to 14 days.
TAIWAN VISA- FREE REQUIREMENTS FOR FILIPINOS:
1: Passport must have at least 6 months remaining validity from the date of entry (Diplomatic & official passport holders are not eligible for visa-free treatment.
2. A return ticket or on onward ticket to the next destination (and a visa for the traveler’s next destination if visa is required).
3. Must have no criminal record in Taiwan.
4. A proof of accomodation, such as hotel bookings or host/sonsor’s contact information/or arrangements of tour, travel. visa, events and meeting.
*Important: If you plan to stay in Taiwan for ore than 14 days for the purpose of study, work, issionary, employment and other gainful activities are still required to obtain visa before entering Taiwan.
TAIWAN VISA EXEMPT – ROC TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION CERTIFICATE (MULTIPLE ENTRY)
Filipino Passport holders, can now enter Taiwan visa free by applying online for the visa exempt – ROC Travel Authorization Certificate. Citizens of Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar and India are also eligible for the visa exempt certificate. Before you apply for the Taiwan Visa online, read the following Taiwan Visa Requirements:
- Make sure that your passport is still valid at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Taiwan. You can’t submit if you’re just holding an emergency or temporary travel document or informal passport.
- Book an onward or return ticket.
- You must never been employed as a blue-collar worker in Taiwan before.
- You must have a valid visa issued by at least one of the following countries: Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, US, Canada, UK or any of the Schengen countries. So it can be:
- Valid entry visa like electronic visa (except work permits)
- Visa or resident card that already expired within the past 10 years prior to your arrival in Taiwan
- Valid permanent resident card or resident card (If your permanent resident card has no expiration date, just enter 9999 for year, 12 for month and 31 for day in the date field.
I applied for the Taiwan Visa Online (ROC Travel Authorization Certificate) and got it a few seconds after submitting the completed form. Make sure to click PRINT after the receipt/ confirmation of submissions shows up and your ROC Travel Authorization Certificate form will automatically be downloaded in your computer. So if you don’t have a printer with you at the time of submission, you can still print it later.
On my first attempt, I didn’t know I had to click on print, so when the receipt saying the form was submitted showed up, I screenshot it to save the receipt number. I waited for the ROC Travel Authorization to be emailed to me but I didn’t get it after 2 days, so I asked my friend Carla and she told me once I submit the form it should be automatically issued. So I resubmitted the form again and clicked on PRINT and indeed, the form was automatically issued.
Make sure the form is saved in your computer and the print it. You need the printed copy to show to the Immigration Official in the Philippines before leaving and to the Immigration Official in Taiwan before entering and when you are leaving. I didn’t show the form to the Immigration Official in Taiwan upon leaving because I honestly didn’t know I had to show it again, so I kept it inside my checked-in luggage. But the officer didn’t ask for it and just stamped my passport.
Take note that if there is any mistake in the form, you need to resubmit it again. Like in my case, the passport expiration date in the form was wrong, I only learned upon checking-in to my flight when the staff of Cebu Pacific Airlines pointed it. But she was kind enough to fix it. She left and returned with a new printed Taiwan ROC Travel Authorization Certification. Good thing I was early at the airport, so don’t make the same mistake I did, make sure everything is correct in the form.
The Taiwan visa exempt – ROC Travel Authorization Certification is valid for 90 days, multiple entry. So if you plan to return to Taiwan within 90 days, make sure you keep a copy of your visa exempt form because you can only apply for another ROC Travel Authorization Certificate 7 days prior to the expiry of the current certificate.
OPTION 2: TAIWAN E-VISA (SINGLE ENTRY)
If you are not eligible for visa exempt – the ROC Travel Authorization Certificate, don’t fret, because you still have another option for the Taiwan Visa application – the Taiwan E-Visa!
Make sure you have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of your arrival in Taiwan.
Click the E-Visa Application.
Fill in the application form.
You need to pay the visa fee using your credit card (you can use your mother’s credit card, your friend’s or your partner’s card) or try to use your debit card.
Visa fee is: NT$ 1,600 (about PHP 2,644)
Service fee is: NT$ 32 (about PHP 52.89)
Total: NT$ 1,632 / about PHP 2697.18
Just wait for the decision via e-mail in about 1-3 business days or so. You can also check your visa application status here https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw/BOCA_EVISA/QueryStatus then fill in your Application Number and Passport Number. If you get approved, you can just print your e-Visa.
The E-visa is valid 3 months from issue date, and valid for 30 days from your date of entry in Taiwan. E-visa is single entry only.
No documents will be asked when filing for the E-Visa application form, but still be prepared with bank certificate, NSO, employee certificate, hotel bookings, etc. in case they asked for it when they e-mail you with the visa decision.
OPTION 3: TAIWAN TOURIST VISA
(SINGLE OR MULTIPLE ENTRY)
If you are not eligible for the visa-free entry / visa-exempt ROC Travel Authorization Certificate you can apply for a Taiwan visa here https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw/BOCA_MRVWeb/subroot/MRVWeb0_disclaimer.jsp. Make sure you click the GENERAL VISA APPLICATION.
Once you’ve completed the Taiwan Visa Application Form, print it and submit it to TECO.
TAIPEI ECONOMIC AND CULTURAL OFFICE IN THE PHILIPPINES ADDRESS
41F, Tower 1, RCBC Plaza, 6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200, Metro Manila, Philippines
Tel: (63-2) 8876688
Fax: (63-2) 8877679
Email: [email protected]
Monday to Friday
(Except Philippine National Holidays, ROC (Taiwan) Chinese New Year and National Day)
Filing Time for Taiwan Visa: 8:45 AM to 11:45 PM
Releasing Time for Taiwan Visa: 01:45 PM to 04:45 PM
TAIWAN VISA REQUIREMENTS
1. Fill out the Taiwan E-Visa Application here https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw/BOCA_MRVWeb/subroot/MRVWeb0_form.jsp. Click the General Visa Application Form.
- Passport with at least 6 months validity and old passport showing previous trips.
- Two recent (must be taken within the last 3 months) passport size photos 1.5′ x 2″ with white background. Sign the back of both photos.
- NSO-issued Birth Certificate
- NSO-issued Marriage Contract if female applicant is married
- Certificate of Employment
- Bank Statements or Bank Book
Pay the applicable Taiwan Visa fees, please refer to the table below.
TAIWAN VISA APPLICATION FEES
|VISA TYPES||APPLICATION FEE||RUSH HANDLING FEE|
|Visitor (Single Entry)||PHP 2, 400 / NT$ 1,456||PHP 1,200 / NT$ 723|
|Visitor (Multiple Entry)||PHP 4,800 / NT$ 2,912||PHP 2,400 / NT$ 1,456|
|Resident (Single Entry)||PHP 3,100 / NT$ 1,880||PHP 1,550/ NT$ 940|
|Special Handling fee for US Citizens||General: PHP 7,550 / NT$ 4,580|
Investments: PHP 9,650 / NT$ 5,854
|Visitor (Single Entry) – PHP 1,200 / NT$ 723|
Visitor (Multiple Entry) –
PHP 2,400 / NT$ 1,456
Resident (Single Entry) – PHP 1,550 / NT$ 940
Processing of Taiwan Visa may take up to 3 business days. If you expedite your visa, may take 1 -2 business day. Meanwhile, Taiwan Resident Visa may take up to 4 business days.
WHERE TO STAY
TAIPEI BUDGET HOTELS
101 SINGLE BAR
No.150, Section 2, Keelung Road, Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan, 10677
O2 HOTEL XIMEN BRANCH
7F,No.81, Chengdu Rd., Wanhua Dist,, Ximending, Taipei, Taiwan
HUALIEN BUDGET HOSTEL
No.248, Zhonghua Rd, Hualien City, Hualien, Taiwan
TAITUNG BUDGET HOTEL
N0.132 ,Heping St.,Taitung County,Taiwan, Taitung City, Taitung, Taiwan
CHECK ROOM RATES HERE
THE TREE HOUSE
3F., No.132, Liuhe 2nd Rd, Cianjin District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
ALSO READ: TAIPEI TRAVEL GUIDE
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK FOR TRAVEL GUIDE UPDATES
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM